Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday Sunrise Service

The sun came up again today, as it has for billions and billions of days before. Nothing new, just the sun peeking up over the city, over the low clouds in the East. I sat in my living room with my morning cup of coffee, looking out the big glass windows, appreciating the quiet, the warm glow, the promise of a new day. My house sits on a hill between the ocean and the city. My living room faces the eastern skies.

My Sunday morning service began with a prayer of gratitude for the seasons and cycles of the Earth. I am grateful for Her rhythms and her constant unconditional supply of the air that we breath, the water that we drink, the food that we eat. She provides us all that we need to survive in these bodies and we take it for granted that she will continue to do so for our children's children's children.

Today I script to feel love for our Earth. I want to feel appreciation and gratitude for the perfect balance and beauty of Nature. I want to feel love for my body and my strength and my radiant health. I graciously give back to Mother Earth, unconditional love for her life-sustaining supply and her natural ability to heal. I will look for evidence, today. Evidence that she is healing and that her healing is also a relection of the healing of the hearts and minds of mankind.