Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My daughter's birthday

Shanon will turn 32 on Thursday. I can't believe it. I was a single mother from the time she was 9 months old. The two of us are our family. We did everything together. I worked as an independent contractor with the Manhattan Club For Women as a massage therapist in order to keep my schedule flexible for my baby girl. I was home in the mornings to see her off to school and home on all but two evenings so I could read to her and tuck her in. We baked together, played together and sang songs everyday. I loved being her mother. She was a delightful child with curly curls and a great big smile.

Shanon is a terrific mother now. She's a cookie baker, sandwich maker, bedtime story mommy. I love her with all of my heart.

Happy Birthday, my angel.