Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It Travel Time Again!

It's Autumn, my favorite season of the year! The air is crisp, the leaves will be turning soon, the beaches are empty (except for the locals) and the smell of simmering stews and soups and roasted yummies will soon fill the house.

Fall fashions are the best, too. Boots, sweaters, tweeds and scarfs are so attractive. Macy's is having a sale for the occasion.

I've strung orange and red berries on my dining room chandelier to make a festive statement and it looks fabulous.

This afternoon I'm taking a short trip to the mountain resort of Idyllwild. My friend, Steven, and I haven't had a good long visit in far too long. He has stories to tell of his adventures at "Burning Man" and I have yet to tell him about my retreat in Mount Shasta. We'll be up till the wee hours I suspect, as usual. I'll return late tomorrow in time for evening clients.

I'm driving to Phoenix next month, in time for Halloween. 9 month old Marlie and 4 year old Michael have their costumes already. They have official Denver Bronco uniforms. Michael will be a Bronco football player and Marlie, a Bronco cheerleader. Their father has been a Bronco fan since he was a little boy, having been born in Denver and a football player himself. What's more is, Shanon, my daughter, and Danny met when they were only 11 years old. Danny was a Pop Warner football player on the Packers team and Shanon was a cheerleader for them. We have pictures of them in their uniforms when they first went steady back in 1986. I can't wait to see the babies in their Halloween costumes on Marlie's first trick-or-treat venture.

The day after, I will fly to Denver to visit friends and work with clients. Carm and Karl have moved into a new home. They downsized from the Castle Rock 3800 sq. ft. house to an 1800 sq. ft. townhouse in the city. Carm is a Feng Shui consultant and a marvelous decorator. I'm very eager to see their new digs, and catch up on the family's comings and goings. Carm and Karl have become dear friends in the short time we've known each other. I don't think it's been two years since I first stayed in their Castle Rock guest room.

I'll also visit my friends, The Jeans, and perhaps get some time with Jen and her kids while in Denver. It's going to be a jammed packed week. I have to fly back to Phoenix by Nov. 9th for the "Celebrate Your Life" conference in Scottsdale. Four days of lectures and presentations from the world's most published and admired leaders of the New Age movement in Higher Consciousness Trainings. Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, James Van Praagh, to name a few. I'll be fortified on my return to my beach town on Nov 13th only to return to Phoenix in time for Thanksgiving. November is going to be a busy, busy month. I'd better get myself some boots!

Welcome Autumm Moons and spectacular sunsets....!