Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Grandpa's Been Found!

On my retreat last month in Mount Shasta, I met author and doctor, Walter Semkiw,"Return of the Revolutionaries". It was by chance that I happened to be standing near the book stand while chatting with a fellow colleague. As the subject of a genetic link to intuitive abilities came up, I mentioned that I was related to President John Adams. He was my great-great-great....etc. grandfather on my mother's side. Her eyes widened and she pointed to a book that was right in front of me and told me that the author was in attendance. On the cover of his book, beneath the title and picture is a row of blue stars. It says, "The Case For Reincarnation and Soul Groups Reunited" Walter Semkiw, M.D. aka John Adams.
Well, I had to buy the book and track this man down. He was pointed out to me and as I approached him I was overwhelmed with emotion. I wasn't sure why it came over me so suddenly. As soon as I began to introduce myself I began to well up. I could hardly speak, embarrassingly so. After a moment or two or three, I composed myself and told him that I am, indeed, a descendant of John Adams. He hugged me and I was filled with an emotion I cannot describe. I thought perhaps the emotional response was a leftover from our morning meditation, or perhaps I hadn't had enough sleep the night before, but none of that made sense. This emotional reaction was foreign and yet, very familiar. He signed my copy of his book, "Dear Elizabeth, It is wonderful to meet my great, great, great granddaughter! God Bless, Walter Semkiw,aka John Adams."

I've been very busy since my return from Mount Shasta, as you know, and only this morning picked up his book for a good Sunday read. Perhaps Grandpa won't mind if I share a bit....

"The question will be raised, if this book is about reincarnation, why is it entitled, Return of the Revolutionaries? The reason for this title is that most of the people in my series of cases were incarnate during the time of the American Revolution. In my final analysis, the leaders of the American Revolution make up my karmic group. Souls who led the American Revolution are incarnate again today. Some, such as George W. Bush, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Jesse Ventura, and Ralph Nader, are involved primarily in politics. Others, such as Marianne Williamson, John Hagelin, Robert Roth, Dennis Kucinich, and Jo Streit, are involved in spiritualizing our political landscape. Still others, such as Shirley MacLaine, Kevin Ryerson, Neale Donald Walsch, Lisete Larkins, Caroline Myss, Norman Shealy, Gary Zukav, Barbara Marx Hubbard, Oprah Winfrey, and Kary Mullis, have returned to advance spirituality in America and the world.

In total, I believe that these leaders of the American Revolutionary Era have returned with a group project of enacting a spiritual revolution. Some group members are more conscious of this plan than others. By spiritual revolution, I do not mean a literal revolt, but rather, a spiritual awakening. Part of this awakening involves the recognition that reincarnation is how the human soul evolves. Through "Return of the Revolutionaries", the doctrine of reincarnation is being demonstrated.

I would now like to discuss some of the changes that I believe evidence of reincarnation will bring.

One of the most beneficial and needed effects that an understanding of reincarnation will induce is a mitigation of violence between people belonging to different races, religions, and ethnic backgrounds. This change is vitally needed, given events such as the destruction of the World Trade Center and the daily ration of violence and killing that we observe between people of contrasting cultures. The evidence presented in this book shows that people change religious, ethnic, and racial affiliations from lifetime to lifetime. An example of how religion can change is seen in the case of writer Marianne Williamson, who is identified in a latter chapter as the reincarnation of Abigail Adams (GRANDMA!) as most American colonists from England, was Christian in religious orientation. Marianne Williamson, on the other hand, identifies herself as a Jewish woman.

Once people realize that religious affiliation constitutes a temporary belief system, that one can be Christian in one lifetime and Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, or Buddhist in another, then conflicts based on the affiliations will be seen as self-defeating and absurd. Indeed, we all must stop thinking of ourselves exclusively as Christians, Jews, Muslims, or Hindus, for in the span of lifetimes, we become all of these, and more.

I believe that knowledge of the mechanism of reincarnation will help humanity evolve from a tribal mentality, in which we identify with one particular religious, ethnic, racial, or nationalistic group, to the stage of the Universal Human. As a Universal Human, one understands and respects many cultures, but does not align one's self with any one denomination. People such as Gary Zukzv and Barbara Marx Hubbard are forwarding the concept of the Universal Human. The information provided in this book will provide a greater foundation for their ideas. I am thankful for their contributions.

I am also happy that Marianne Williamson is part of the drama that is unfolding. For just as Abigail Adams was an eminent advocate for the cause of the American Revolution, I can think of no better spokesperson for the new reality, the new values and the new set of ideals that will emerge. A revolution of spirit will occur as we make the transition from a tribal mentality, from the tribal human, to the Universal Human. This revolution is necessary for the human species to survive."