Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Every year....

Every year, at this time, I get a bug. Not the running, sneezing, coughing kind, the cleaning, scrubbing, hauling, clearing-out, kind. This current episode of "Sacred Space Fever" started after I returned from the Mount Shasta "Spiritual Healing Retreat". I have evidence I got my groove back because my energy has been on High Volume ever since. Because of my newly cleansed and re-charged spirit, I have received a vision of my new Sacred Space. Once I saw it, I had to create it. I wanted my space to reflect what I was now feeling, Spacious, Graceful, Grounded and Creative.

A few years ago we remodeled our 1980s kitchen and it turned out beautifully. We are very happy with it, but we didn't finish the rest of the large open floor area that includes the dining room, living room and deck. The reasons are partially because the kitchen project ate up all and more of our budget and partially because I had lost my momentum and focus. I had a traumatic experience that simply threw me for a loop and it took nearly two years to get back on my path. When my baby granddaughter was born last December I was forced back into the healing zone because of her health issues. Consequently, my focus was all about healing...therefore I was healed. "Energy flows where your attention goes."

So, there I was....sitting in the dining room, feeling all expanded and spiritually cleansed and re-charged when the vision came over me. "I want color here!" I got out my brushes and opened the sample cans of paint and let 'er rip. Once I got started I couldn't stop until it was complete.

Usually these yearly episodes don't include redecorating, although they often include rearranging. This time the cleaning and reorganizing has taken on a new and huge expanded version of my yearly bug episode.

It started in the dining room and blasted through the living room, down to my bedroom and patio and up into the loft. From one small wall.....I've been at it non stop ever since. One project always leads to the next.

The night before last, I was lying on the bed in the loft, watching TV. (I've moved my bedroom television out to the garage to find it's way to a new home.) While lying there, I got another brilliant idea. Build a cabinet around the television! Another sacred message! Make a beautiful space here too! So,yesterday I drove to Home Depot and bought a Skill saw and some wood, a level and some brackets and by bedtime last night, it was complete. Which, of course, led to the hanging of curtains, the switching of duvets, the hanging of art, and my loft is now inspection ready. I don't know who is going to inspect it, but it's ready.

Here is what I've accomplished in September.

1. Painted the dining room walls and baseboards
2. Painted the living room walls and baseboards
3. Painted the fireplace.
4. Removed old drapes.
5. Re-arranged living room furniture.
6. Bought new coffee table, LCD flat screen TV and TV table, and wall unit for living room.
7. Re-upholstered a bench.
8. Bought new pillows for the couch.
9. Bought a new dining room table, chairs and bar stools
10.Re-arranged furniture in bedroom.
11.Painted patio off of bedroom
12.Removed bench from front porch.
13.Bought new ceiling fan for living room
14.New area rug for dining room
15.New art,"Thinking Woman" (wood carving), Driftwood piece (I love it), hand carved wooden bowl with hand painted wooden eggs.
16.Built cabinet in loft.
17 Made new desk in loft and removed and sawed up the old one.
18 Gave away or sold old book shelves, old bar stools, porch bench, old coffee table and end table, two televisions and a bunch of odds and ends like books and dust collectors.(including the old clothes I cleaned out of my closet)
19.Broke down the 4' by 6' planter box I built last summer for the sod. (for Maggie's business)
20.Planted pots on patios
21.Cleaned windows
22.Cleaned out hall closets, bedroom closet cupboards, medicine cabinets, and all drawers.

My space is now open for new inspired flow of energy, like a wave in the ocean, it carries to me all that I need to make my life happy and complete. And so it is.
..................................................................................