Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What's in a name?

Carm and I have been having so much fun! I don't want to leave her this morning. We are so in sync, in like mind, in like soul....we are indeed soul sisters. Yesterday we went to the bookstore to pick up "Eat, Pray, and Love". My daughter recommended it to me and since then another three people have suggested it so, I had to add another book to my collection. (I may have to build a library in the new house.) While at Barnes and Noble, we found a book about the meaning of names. Here is what is says about Elizabeth.

If Eliza is likely to be involved with construction, it would be reasonable to expect that Elizabeth has even stronger ties with this field; her name is made by adding the full spelling of Beth, meaning "house," to the end of Eliza,(construction) However, the Kabbalah is never straightforward, and like a Buddhist koan or riddle, it is constantly presenting us with paradox after paradox. Elizabeth's name can be reduced to eleven, which is the number of magic, and she is likely to have a long-standing interest-if not an active involvement-in the occult or the unexplained. The house signified by Beth is not a physical house but a representation of Elizabeth's complex worldview. Elizabeth likes to be able to categorize, which may manifest itself as a desire to control. (ME?) She sees the world in some ways as a jigsaw puzzle that fails to make sense only because the pieces are not quite in the right place. In order to solve the puzzle, she brings a sense of religious or spiritual. But although Elizabeth likes the world to make sense, she also wants it to retain its soul. The first half of the name, Eliza, refers not to physical construction but to a more mysterious building process: the building of a magical or spiritual understanding. Elizabeth retains Eliza's inner strength and potentially vicious tongue, and these will both stand her in good stead when faced with snide comments and ridicule for her beliefs.

Elizabeth is most fortunate to have Thurisaz, the gateway, in her name, which provides her a place in her mind to gather strength and contemplate hidden aspects of the self. The Algiz energy of protection cautions against emotional extreme, so Elizabeth seeks to remain calm and stable. Elizabeth is aware of her personal power, and for her this equals self-discipline, which is her strongest asset. Elizabeth is probably drawn to politics or the courtroom. She is highly motivated to fight for a cause and is persuasive and heartfelt in her appeals for justice. Elizabeth is not easily intimidated, and when the going gets tough, Elizabeth quadruples her efforts and emerges victorious.

Elizabeth is a name that gives abilities in all mental pursuits. A woman possessed of a wide variety of intellectual interests, Elizabeth has a very introspective side to her nature, and will find no problem spending time alone investigating what beckons to her. At the same time, her relationships are most important to her sense of personal completion. She requires a partner who will be supportive of her more subjective moments and enjoy sharing her urge to travel and explore all of life's many possibilities.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross


I read all of that to Carm while we were in the bookstore. The whole time her jaw was dropped and we both kept saying, "Oh my God, that so true" This book seems quite accurate about most of the names we looked up. That's so fun.

I'm on my way to Barb and Dave's today to play with the children and do more readings. The readings I've done so far, while here in Denver, have been very powerful. I've met dozens of new people and I've fallen in love with Colorado. I suspect this will be my new home before too long.

Here's a script for today.

"Today is a new day, a new beginning and I am new as I shed old outmoded ideas and beliefs that no longer serve my highest good. I want to walk through my day feeling that newness all around me. I want to amplify my excitement about the changes that are coming my way as I activate my desire for a more connected relationship with my inner teacher . She wants the best for me and wants to bring me all the wonderful adventures, experiences and abundance I ask for. I look for evidence today that I am in the flow of this wonderful current of currency. I am Light today. So it is."