Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just for the heck of it....

Karen Drucker is a talented singer and song writer who was inspired by Carole King when she babysat for her. www.karendrucker.com I recently purchased two of her CDs. There are a couple of songs that I played over and over through the expanse of desert that separates Los Angeles from Phoenix. Here's one of my favs...

I LOST THE RIGHT TO SING THE BLUES

I woke up this mornin'
and somthin' was not right.
My poor head was a-throbbin'
'cause I tossed and turned all night.
This unfamiliear feelin' it shook me up inside
The truth it was revealin'
that a part of me had died.
So, I called my higher self
and she gave me the bad news.
She said, "Your life is just too good, you lost the
right to sing the blues!"

That broken down old Chevy
that was eatin' me alive
I visualized a Lexus
and now it's sittin' in my drive.
And that man of mine
that scoundrel that rotten low-down bum
I've transformed him into a love-God
with a sizable trust fund.
Everywhere I looked
I was confronted with the clues.
my life was just so good....
I lost the right to sing the blues.

You can sing the blues if you can't pay the rent.
And you can sing the blues
If all your money has been spent
But how can I sing the blues I ain't got no excuse
when I'm driving in my Porshe
on the way to my masseuse.

So you won't find me wailing late at night
in some smokey bar.
And you won't see me cryin tears
into my old guitar.
I'm too busy cleaning my chakras
and chasing bad karma away
and fluffing up my aura
Well that could take all day.
Now that I'm enlightened
I gotta spread the news.
When life gets this darn good
You've lost the right to sing the blues.

You can sing the blues
when your best friend puts you down.
You can sing the blues
if your man has done left town.
But what gives me the right to sing
that mournful tune
when I'm steamin' with my honey
in my sauna in Cancun.

So now you've heard my story
and you understand the pain
of searching and not finding
any reason to complain.
Cause my stars are in alignment
my house has been feng shui-ed
I'm filled with peace and harmony
my bills have all been paid
I've let go of the struggle
you know I've paid my dues

I've lost the right to sing the blues.....