Thursday, June 01, 2006

Women, Power and Wisdom

I'm home from Denver and unpacking bags. I found the beautiful plastic bracelet Miss. Leah gave me as a parting memento. I received a rock and a crystal from Miss. Andra (one for Uncle Steven and one for me) and two sponge animals from Miss Jessie. I also opened a bag of a variety of incense from Carmelita from one of our shopping excursions. Ten days is a long time to be away from my garden but I thank Jay for coming by to give them water. Some survived, one or two didn't.

I spent a couple of hours in the airport yesterday clarifying the notes for the retreat coming up in September, "Women, Power and Wisdom". As is my usual process, as soon as I start thinking, I get into a planning mode. I'm happy to report that I caught myself before I started obsessing and instead I turned to my Runes. They are tools for centering, in the present.

The Blank Rune
The Unknowable
The God Odin

Blank is the end, blank the beginning. This is the Rune of total trust and should be taken as exciting evidence of your most immediate contact with your own true destiny which, time and again, rises like the phoenix from the ashes of what we call fate.

The Blank Rune can portend a death. But that death is usually symbolic, and may relate to any part of your life as you are living it now. Relinquishing control is the ultimate challenge for the Spiritual Warrior.

Here the Unknowable informs you that it is in motion in your life. In that blankness is held undiluted potential. At the same time both pregnant and empty, it comprehends the totality of being, all that is to be actualized. And if, indeed, there are "matters hidden by the gods,' you need only remember: What beckons is the creative power of the unknown.

Drawing the Blank Rune brings to the surface your deepest fears: Will I fail? Will I be abandoned? Will it all be taken away? And yet your highest good, your truest possibilities and all your fertile dreams are held within that blankness.

Willingness and permitting are what this Rune requires, for how can you exercise control over what is not yet in form? the Blank Rune often calls for no less an act of courage than the empty-handed leap into the void. Drawing it is a direct test of Faith.

The Blank Rune represents the path of Karma--the sum total of your actions and of their consequences. At the same time, this Rune teaches that the very debts of old karma shift and evolve as you shift and evolve. Nothing is predestined: the obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.

Whenever you draw the Blank Rune, take heart: Know that the work of self-change is progressing in your life.





No comments: