Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finally, the sun is shining on Los Angeles

We've had a few days of sunshine now and I think it's safe to say we are past the June Gloom. Hurray! I know now I could not survive in Alaska or Washington or even Oregon for very long without falling into a bit of a gloom myself. I just laid out on the patio for fifteen minutes and I already feel more energized than I've felt all year.

Last year I went to a lecture on Solar Healing. It was fascinating. The sun temples were built, it seems, for more than worship. I have forgotten now what prompted this man to experiment with staring into the sun....something about his father and ancient texts....anyway, he started by looking into the sun at sunrise for ten seconds the first day. He added ten seconds everyday until he made it to forty-five minutes. He says the suns energy is all a person needs to be healthy, well, that and water. He hasn't eaten a morsel in nine years. He drinks water and walks barefooted on the sand to absorb the energy from the sand crystals. Doctors and scientists have studied him for months at a time, twenty-four hours a day and confirm he doesn't eat food.
http://www.solarhealing.com/

No comments: