Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Glorious weekend...

Los Angeles has been blanketed with a thick marine layer of grayness for two months now with an occasional day of blue skies. This weekend was no different. I had hoped that driving up to the local mountains (6,000 Ft.) would take me above it all but that wasn't the case. Stevens party was Saturday, a party I was looking forward to. I always look forward to Stevens parties. He is a most thoughtful and generous host and Saturdays party was no exception. The clouds, however, did not cooperate. But, Anna, the caterer was a delight and her organic cooking is superb. She owns a little restaurant in Idyllwild but caters on weekends. Her treats just kept coming throughout the day and evening. How she managed to do that with such a tiny kitchen I have no idea. Hats off to her, for sure. The cute little bartender was gracious, as well. The open bar was on one end of the deck and the musicians on the other. I had my first cranberry margarita, and my second and third. Yikes! After that it was water and more water for the rest of the night. The musicians, (two of them) played a standing bass and guitar and sang in sweet harmony. At one point, in the middle of a sentence, they began a song I had never heard before, and I was taken away....I literally felt a shiver move through my body. They are very talented, but then, knowing Steven as I do, all I can say is, "Of course they were."....

One hundred of Stevens friends, from all the stages of his life, made the trip. People I have met over the years at his other parties or get togethers, artists, musicians, attorneys, engineers, software geniuses, therapists, and Intuitive healers. It was a perfect mix of personalities. Everyone stayed at the local cabins and inns. I chose to pitch my tent under the trees but got offers from almost everybody to share their homes or cabins, but I preferred sleeping near my campfire.

Living at sea level all my life, as I have, it takes some getting used to the altitude when hiking and climbing the mountains. I was out of breath too much of the time and have decided to kick up my workout routine by doing more hills. I have several trips planned for this summer and I don't want to miss out on the outdoor adventures.

One of Stevens new neighbors is an artist. She was leaving the next day for a two month stay is Idaho with her boyfriend. She asked me to give her a reading before she left, so we met Sunday morning at 10:30. After the reading, she told me that I could have her house for the summer. Can you imagine? Knowing someone so briefly and then just letting them live in your house anytime they want for as long as they want? Steven seems to attract the most generous, talented and loving people which says everything about who he is. I stayed in her home for the rest of the day. The view from her mountain top home is breathtaking, but when it came time to turn in....I went back to my tent and my campfire. All in all....it was a wonderful weekend, even with the gray skies and moist heat everywhere.

No comments: