Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Here's what I've noticed ....

.....since using the vision board. I've noticed that my desire for coffee has diminished. I used to drink a mug first thing in the morning and then have a second mug before noon. Now, I still make it but I noticed the other day that instead of making a full pot, 10 cups, I made half a pot, and today I noticed that I poured half of my first mug down the drain. Yesterday I had one mug and the day before I didn't have any.

Another thing.... I stopped by the vitamin department at Whole Foods. I used to be a big vitamin taker and seller. I was a nutritional consultant for Body Wise for several years. I took my vitamins everyday, several times a day. I stopped doing that a few years ago. I know I feel better when I take good supplements, I sleep better, I have more energy, but for some reason I just stopped. Without intentionally deciding to buy vitamins, I just happen to pick up a bottle of a mega multi and a bottle of Omega's. On my way out of that aisle I picked up a container of protein powder. Now, remember, this was not a planned purchase.

I've also noticed that I am sleeping better. I don't wake up in the middle of the night. My dreams are more vivid. Whatever the cause of this shift, whether it is the daily visualization with the vision board or simply a normal shift from Winter to Spring...it's a good thing.

My desire for my morning walks has returned. Could it be that I've shifted my awareness because of the daily visions? There's no forcing these changes, they are simply happening.

Oh yeah, another thing happened. I went for an Integrative Body Psychology session on Monday because I was curious how the process worked with a new tool I heard about from
Dr. Marjorie Rand. Her book, Body, Self and Soul, Sustaining Integration, is wonderful. During the session I accessed a memory and emotional trauma from my childhood that had been stuck in my body. Through this work I was able to not only access it, but release the emotional current that was running on a circuit below my awareness. Fascinating work!

I rarely think of myself as a victim of childhood abuse. The stories I hear from my clients seem so much more damaging and dramatic than my own. But, the truth is, my father suffered from a mood disorder. He used alcohol to medicate himself. I suspect, in retrospect, he suffered from PTSD from World War II and from the fact that his father died suddenly after moving his family to Los Angeles, from a beautiful farm in Texas. My father was only 15 when he was suddenly thrust into the position of the head of the house, for a family of six. I understand now his pain and his moods. As a child, of course, all I knew was fear. He had an explosive temper. It wasn't constant but it was often enough to create a feeling of uncertainty for my safety. I watched him beat my dog Blackie, almost to death. He stomped on him with his big boots, kicked him and used his fists to strike him. The dog, subsequently, had to be put down for biting people. My father once picked me up by my neck and hung me up against a wall, while squeezing the breath out of me. He only did it once, but I was 8 years old. Those incidences create a cycle of emotional energy that stays in your body until you can access them and release them. Some of my old memories have been healed. I was able to do some wonderful healing in Royce's PLA Classes. I guess the memories come up in layers. I really thought I had completed this part of healing but apparently...I still have work to do.

Could it be that I am visualizing "Perfect Health, Balance, and Peace" and therefore these things are creating? I'm not deleting any secondaries...just doing the vision board, in a state of gratitude for all that is coming and all that has been and all than is now. Hmmm. What do you think?