Thursday, March 22, 2007

Agape International Spiritual Center.

Oh Dear....I went to Agape last night. The first time I attended a service there I wasn't at all impressed. There was a church band and a huge choir, everyone was singing and clapping like it was a concert. The minister was a little too theatrical for my taste so I didn't return for many years. A few weeks ago I went with a friend who wanted to meet Michael Beckwith. She had seen The Secret and was impressed with his gentle attitude. We happened to pick a night they had a guest speaker, Marianne Williamson followed by a play. It was very different than what I had experienced on my first visit. I enjoyed it very much and looked forward to taking some of the classes offered. Well, last night was a reinactment of my first visit only with a thousand more people. My friend, Mae, said it was like they all drank the kool-aid. It seemed phoney, theatrical and over the top. I didn't enjoy it at all. I don't think I'll be back.