Friday, July 14, 2006

Miss Maggie Mae

Well, last week I was ready to ship this 75 pound pup to Neptune or worse but after a few more days of working with her I think she may have just bought herself another week. I've learned to put all my shoes, leather cases, cell phones and assessories, and bits of edibles behind the closet door. I've learned that if she has long morning walks and time to run at the dog park she's much happier to behave as I ask, and I've learned that dog people, the ones I've met so far in the dog park....are wonderful people. They've all been so helpful with ideas and advice for my training. Miss Maggie Mae is going to go camping with me next week. I've ordered a crate for her, as the dog owners at the park have all agreed is the best way to keep your dog contained and easier to train. I may have to buy another collar or two, a prong collar and a halter for around her snout. She's still pulling a bit which means my mother will not be able to walk her at all until that is stopped. She doesn't jump on people, she doesn't bark, she doesn't beg, she's really well behaved. This may be just what my Angels had in mind for me. I'm up early to walk her, I'm out late to walk her again and she sleeps on the floor at the foot of my bed, just in case I have a need for wet kisses. LOL Dogs have a way of crawling into your heart even when you're resistant. I highly recommend them.

http://www.thesecret.tv/

No comments: