Thursday, July 13, 2006

How Quickly Can A Healing Take Place?

As quickly as you believe it can.


Many years ago, when I was working in a day spa in Manhattan Beach, I felt a stabbing pain in my wrist. I was afraid of its message...arthritis?......over-work?..........fracture?.........My mind began to jump around. "I can't miss work." "This isn't good." "I hope I'm not getting arthritis." Uh-oh...my other hand began to hurt....Holy Crap! "What's going on?" "I can't afford to miss work!" I jumped into a mode of healing that I was used to, as a massage therapist. I massaged my hands and wrists, I cancelled appointments to give them rest, I iced them, I bought a bottle of Advil, I wrapped them in ace bandages and left the office, worried I wouldn't be able to finish out the week...or worse, my career could be over.

Then, while walking to my car, head down, worried mind, shoulders slumped, the perfect image of a victim....my other training kicked in..

"What belief do I have that is creating this?" I started laughing at how I managed to go from one little bit of pain to total victim, in record time. How funny we humans are. Before I made it all the way across the parking lot I turned it around, I went from victim to creator. I owned my creation and then changed my mind. The pain was dis-created along with the belief. It was gone in an instant. The whole experience, Gone!

A healing can take place in an instant when you own its creation. If you created it, and you did, then you can dis-create it. Turn off the energy to it and allow it to cease. Then create the belief you prefer to experience. "I'm always healthy and strong." "I am radiantly healthy."

In relationships, we are co-creating. Any and all relationships are a co-creation. What he or she does or says, has as much to do with your beliefs, as they have to do with his or hers. Once you know this, it's very hard to play the blame game for very long.

You'll know what your beliefs are when you look at your life and your relationships and your experiences. They are a direct reflection of what you believe about yourself.

Again...what I judge in you, I judge in me.

What I love in you, I love in me.

What I resist in you, I resist in me.

So, the question to ask is, "What do I want to create next?"

No comments: