Monday, July 31, 2006

Michael Anthony

His long,lean, brown body is built for the water. He's a natural swimmer. So was his mother. She was a Junior Guard and taught swimming for several years. Now her son is in the pool and after his first lesson, his talent shows. He's ready, at three years old, for a coach. I'm so happy. His dad is a strong swimmer as well. I wish he was here instead of Phoenix. The temp on the beach here is 74 and the water is 71. It's perfect. I hope this weather holds out because they won't be here for another three weeks. They're coming out for Ryan's engagement party on Labor Day Weekend. My sister Vicky is having it at her beautiful house in Hermosa Beach. All the decks and gardens will be full of people celebrating. I can't wait. Vicky gives the best parties of anyone in my family. She's a class act. She's doing very well. btw. She's on her last series of chemo and doing great. All smiles!

I'll be doing some entertaining that week as well. I just finished the plans for the deck and the furniture is waiting to be delivered. We lost a table during a winter storm when the wind took the umbrella for a flight off the deck. The chairs are still here but the cushions need replacing. I ordered a bar and two bar stools and a low table with a center part that comes out to reveal a copper bowl, for either ice or a fire. Now I can entertain outside without having to walk in and out of the house. I've learned to cook everything on the grill and the bar has a cooler to store the cold stuff in. It's going to make entertaining so much easier and when we aren't having family and friends over, we'll be doing Disneyland and Sea World, the Science Museum and maybe the tar pits. He's loving dinosaurs right now. Dinosaurs, trains, cars, trucks and Buzz Lightyear.

I ask him, "Who do I love?"
He answers, "Me."
I ask, "How much do I love you?"
He smiles, "To infinity and beyond."

He's taking Kung Fu too....it's so cute.

No comments: