Sunday, June 22, 2008

Psychic Frauds

It's terribly sad when people go to psychics and pay them great sums of money to hear nothing close to the truth. Listening to a proclaimed 'psychic' like Sylvia Brown who charges $700 for one half hour of her time and then coming away with nothing remotely related to your life should be a crime.

I remember a session with a psychic who started out by asking me if I had someone close to me commit suicide. I hadn't. She said she saw someone who was very distraught killing himself. She asked if I had a young man close to me who was very depressed. I said, no. I have nobody in my personal life, no young man, who is suicidal. My nephews are all happy and well, my son-in-law is great, I know of no one who is even remotely sad. She stayed on this subject for ten minutes and finally suggested that perhaps it is something that will happen in the future. What a terrible thing to leave someone with.

She asked lots of questions and was wrong about everything. She didn't know when my father passed, she claimed my mother was incapacitated by his death and would be joining him soon and he is waiting for her. (He died in 1987 and she is still alive and well.) She was the worst psychic I've ever even heard of, with the exception of Sylvia Brown. Sylvia Brown should be arrested for fraud.

She said that I was going through a "transition". That's pretty general and could apply to almost anyone. We are constantly transitioning in one way or another. However, I wasn't moving, I wasn't ending or beginning a relationship, I wasn't changing jobs. She suggested I try to use some "techniques" like meditation to calm myself about the fears she suspected I was having regarding this change. She talked to me like I had never meditated or knew nothing of spiritual matters. Boy, was she surprised when, at the end of our session, I confessed who I was. I told her all the things she was wrong about, I told her all the things I do and teach, and she was slightly embarrassed and she should be.


I test psychics from time to time. And I want to create a website with ratings for pyschic accuracy. Even if a pyschic comes highly recommended by a respected agency, they are all too often full of bull.

This is why I teach. I am teaching people to be their own psychics, see their own truth and trust their own intuition. Of course, there are emergencies, and in stressful times it is most difficult to trust yourself. If the police need help to find someone or get a direction or hint of some kind regarding a disappearance or crime, by all means, seek out the best.