Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dear Readers....


Please indulge me my grandmotherly pride. I know that my grandchildren, Michael and Marlie, are not part of what I teach, but they are the joys of my life. I've learned a great deal from them and I have stretched my abilities for them. As you may or may not know, both children were in intensive care in their first days, and Marlie for many days, weeks, in fact. My abilities as a healer and teacher were tested and amplified during those first months and in Marlie's case, for the first 18 months. (She will be 18 months old tomorrow.) She has been a challenge to her mother and father and nothing has come easy for her. Not sleeping, not teething, not standing, not walking....nothing has been 'normal', including getting food to stay in her tummy. She now requires braces for her legs for her to stand, unassisted, and when she is teething it is not for one tooth, but for four at a time. She's happy, loving and a cuddly little thing and we adore her. Here she is showing Mommy that she knows what 'hand' means.