Monday, April 28, 2008

So, you wanna change things?

So, you want to save the earth and her residents from destruction and extinction? You could Google info on saving the planet. You could go to HGTV.com and find entire programing about the changes you can make to your home that are helping us lower our consumption of fossil fuels, and how to make your home a toxin free zone. You can call your local government and ask them what they are doing to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. There are programs you can learn and then volunteer to teach at your local elementary, middle and high schools. The obvious and most impactful is to use canvas bags when you go shopping. PBS just aired, "Strange Days On Planet Earth" a National Geographic production. They showed how we have polluted our oceans so badly with plastics that birds and fish are are dying in record numbers and developing very strange mutations and diseases. And, not only that, global warming is causing the bleaching of coral reefs that heat up the ocean even further. It was very informative and eye opening to say the least. You can order a copy of it and have a "Enlighten-Up" evening in your home with friends and neighbors to bring the situation into the light. When we shine light on a dark subject, we can alter the outcome. You can write letters to your government officials requesting restrictions on plastics, pesticides, fertilizers and for more money for research and development of alternative waste management. Using plastic bags to toss your trash away is, quite frankly, sinful. Plastic never, ever, ever decomposes. You already know this but we are so programmed to ignore these things. We throw things 'away'....but there is no such place as 'away'. Away, ends up in our oceans, our food supply our waterways.
Here is a good place to start....
Close your eyes and receive a deep, cleansing breath from the universe. Connect with the higher vibrations of your oversoul, your team and your inner coach. If you are new to this process, you may not feel the connection as easily as the advanced students, but trust that your intention is all you need to make the connection. You'll feel it more profoundly as you continue to practice. Simply say to yourself, "I trust in my connection and I trust that my communication is being received. I am opening myself up to receive the solutions I want to help my brothers and sisters and our children to live happy and healthy lives. I am open to receive the intuitive messages that will guide me to the right actions to clean up my part and encourage others by my example. I see the earth's rejuvenation and her oceans being cleaned. The fish are returning, the animal population is growing all over the world to it's natural and balanced numbers. Our forests are now protected and growing in huge numbers. Humans have awakened. I am awake. My love for this planet heals her. My love for humanity is healing and uniting us all. Bless this planet with health."