Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Power of Mantras and Affirmations

In 1982 I learned the process of creating from a wonderful teacher named Royce Morales. I set out to test her class lesson. I went to the beach at sunset, (a powerful time for me) and I sat on the sand and closed my eyes. I took a few deep, cleansing, relaxing and releasing breaths and began to repeat, over and over, "He loves me. He wants me. He needs me. It's easy. I love him. I want him. I need him. It's easy." I don't know how long I focused on that intention for a relationship. I may have repeated it hundreds of times, but at some point, perhaps 20 minutes into it, I felt a strong energetic shift in my body. The intention was then "activated" on a cellular level. It felt like a gentle shock throughout my body. I had never felt anything like it. I opened my eyes and looked around. The beach was nearly empty of visitors. A few people heading towards the pier and one or two surfers drying off. I got up, brushed the sand from my pants and began to walk back across the beach towards my car. I felt wonderully happy and energized with the process and curious about the sensation of the activation. I took a few steps and noticed, that coming from the parking lot was a tall, blonde man walking towards the water, towards me. As we stayed on our path I felt a bit uneasy. Normally when people are few and far between on the beach, we give each other plenty of space. But he kept walking towards me. I looked behind me to see if, perhaps, he was heading to someone else. Nobody behind me. He continued and I continued across the beach, nearer and nearer to each other. He came right up to me and said, "Hi." I'd never seen this man before. My heart was racing. Could it really be that easy to create? Frankly, I freaked out. I said, "Hi." but continued walking. He said, "Wait! I just got here." Then I was really freaked out. I put my head down and muttered something like, "I've gotta go I've gotta go get my daughter...um." and I scurried away, whispering in my mind, "I'm not ready. I'm not ready."

I got into my car and drove from the parking lot onto the street. There he was. He smiled and waved at me and I waved back. I never saw him again and I never tried that again. Well, not until I was ready.