Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Recent Reading

She had called last week asking for an appointment for a healing treatment. Her neighbor had recommended me to her months ago but it wasn't until recently she knew she was ready to see me. All she said was she wanted a reading but didn't share any details about why. Neither did I want to ask her what needed healing. I always expect the condition will reveal itself as I watch and listen during our time together. What I watch and listen to is not her body. It's not her body language,either. What I connect with is an ethereal vision and telepathic communication from another place. Whatever her Higher-Self is ready to hear, see, and learn, will be shown.

She walked in and after an initial greeting and formal introduction we began. I start all of my sessions pretty much the same way. I create a sacred and healing space around us and proceed to open the door. That's what I call it. It's as if, in my mind, there's a doorway between this three dimensional reality and the astral reality. I look inside and then I'm there. I ask for assistance to be a clear channel for our teachers wisdom, guidance and love. I take a few deep breaths and away we go......

I saw a woman standing near her, a woman that looked nothing like her. In fact, more the opposite. She was petite, almost fragile, with dark eyes and black hair. These two couldn't have looked less alike. The woman I see sitting in front of me is tall, large framed, robust and blond. One thing was certain. The dark-haired, little lady had so much love emanating from her that I had to examine it. It felt, to me, like a mother's love.

I said, "There is someone here. I think she may be your mother because she certainly loves you as such, but she doesn't look anything like you."

Her body slumped and she let out a quiet sob. Tears filled her eyes. "No", she said, shaking her head. "We didn't look anything alike." Her hand went to wipe her wet cheeks.

I looked back at Mother and she showed me an image of herself lying in a hospital bed.

"She tells me it was fine. It was as it should have been."

Again, a sob.

I give her all the time she needs to feel what she's feeling and I continue to read the energy around me. I know that this daughter's pain was created because she wasn't there when her mother died. She is burdened with guilt. As I watch the story unfold before me, I understand what healing she is asking for.

"You're mother wants you to know that she still feels you and your love for her. It was as it should have been."

Daughter doesn't speak.

Mother shows me a scene in which her daughter is tucking in her children. They say their prayers and bless the night and bless Grandma, too. When they are doing that, Grandma is standing in the room with them. She wants her daughter to know this. So, I tell her that.

"Oh my God! I can't believe you're saying that. My son said to me the other night, that after I tuck him in, Grandma tucks him in again. I didn't know what to think but I had a feeling it was true. So, she is there?"

The energy in the room lightens up. I feel it, I see it. Both of them are suddenly animated and smiling.

"Yes, she's there. You can give her permission to visit if you both wish. However, I would encourage you to set some boundaries, specific boundaries. Maybe you want to make your bedroom off limits. Instead, invite her to join you in the kitchen or garden, or wherever you feel is a good space for your connection. Make it a sacred space for the two of you and whomever you'd like to invite join you. I get the feeling you are overly connected with Mother and it's not the best thing for you to continue mourning the absence of her body. The truth is, she's always here. I know I'm not the first person to tell you that. I also know it isn't always easy to trust that. At any rate, I'm sure she has teachers and guides on the other side that can help her understand her role as a guardian and not hold on to the past experience of the loss. It was her loss too, you know. She's feeling it, you're feeling it, and you're both stuck in it. You both need to shift your perception and recognize your ability to continue your relationship with the same connection of love. The two of you can still chat. You'll know when she's around. Trust what you feel."

Daughter began to speak. She shared with me that her mother had cancer three years ago. It was a hard six months watching her waste away. She was with her almost everyday but she had to go home to feed her children and take a shower. Why did her mother choose such a time to die?. Why didn't she wait for her to come back? Crying now.

"This is why. So you would seek her out. Would you be here, looking for closure and healing, if it had been as you wanted? Now she can talk to you and stay with you. That's what she wants. It appears it is what you want, as well. Let it be so, if it is in the interest of your highest good and the highest good of your mother. It was important for you to know that she didn't abandon you."

"That's exactly how I feel. I feel like an orphan!" Sob.

"You are not. You can choose to feel that and experience that for as long as you'd like, or, you can choose to embrace your mother in the image you would like to see her. When was the happiest time of your relationship with her? Was it when you were a little girl? Or was it when you were in college? Was it when you were planning your wedding? You decide. If it was your favorite memory, it is also hers. See her as she was when you were most connected. Now, embrace her in your mind. Receive her embrace. She wants to help you in the kitchen. You think about her most often when you are cooking because she was such a great cook."

"She was! How did you know that? Oh my God, she was the best cook. She cooked for everybody. She was Italian and made the most delicious things. At her funeral most of the comments I got were, 'Bless her heart' and 'She sure was a great cook.' "

"Ask her if she was there in the kitchen that night."

I ask and the answer was a laughing, "Yes!"

The spoon fell off of the counter and splattered sauce on the floor and onto the cabinets. I am watching it on replay. Daughter picked up the spoon, washed it off and put it on the counter. She turned around to clean up the mess and the spoon fell off of the counter again. Only it didn't just fall off, it flew off.

I laugh and say, "Yes, that was her playing with you. She wanted you to know she was there. Your spoon survived and so did the cabinets. But, your sauce needed more crushed red peppers."

"My sister said the same thing."

The reading continued. We talked more with Mother and then with her teachers. It was a wonderful reading. She was expanded when she left. She was relieved, expanded and healed.

Learning something new is expansion. It is a shift and expansion of mind. With an expanded mind, you have a clearer perception of realities that exist all around you. You command a presence of mind to be present in mind.




Does that make sense?

It's late and I'm going to bed now. I'm celebrating the summer solstice by sleeping under the stars tonight. Happy Summer!