Friday, June 15, 2007

A Reading

A woman in Anthem was looking for a psychic for a reading before she moved from Arizona to Tennessee. She was concerned about the move and it's affect on her children, her marriage, her life. She asked around for a referral and was lead to me.

She came to the front door with her husband in tow. As they walked over the threshold I was blasted by their combined energy. She was intense and frustrated, he was annoyed and resistant. I glanced at him and nodded as we were introduced but my focus was on her. She was genuinely grateful for the appointment and eager to begin. Him, not so much. He is or was a skeptic and there to protect her from a fraud, as a good husband would.

They chose to sit next to each other on the couch and as I approached my comfortable chair opposite them, I was stopped by the glaring energy. I stopped behind the chair and started chatting about what a beautiful day it was, and how lovely the yard looked. I introduced them to my dog who was waiting outside the sliding glass doors to the patio. My daughter had set out a lovely array of crystals, candles and incense for ambiance. I waited for their energy to calm down. When it didn't, I suggested that the sacred space we had created was being overwhelmed by their energy. Above their heads was a huge neon sign, blinking, "WE'RE MOVING!".

I sat down and shared with them what I was feeling and suggested we spend a moment or two calming the energy down. They laughed. As it turned out, they had just accidentally locked themselves out of the garage of the house they had just moved out of, leaving a few odds and ends inside and not allowing them to clean up the bits and pieces. The moving van had already picked up all of their belongings and they were scheduled to leave first thing the next morning. Needless to say, the tension was palpable.

After a few minutes of deep breathing and guided imagery, it all calmed down and we began. Husband still wasn't sure about me and I could read that. Since Wife made the appointment I focused on her. She is a beautiful and powerful spirit who has yet to know her truth. She was told that her awareness of this was necessary for the peace in her home and in her family. She is truly an unaware Goddess. Her home will reflect her energy more than anyone elses because of her power. The message for her was very clear, and as I shared what I was hearing, Husband began to nod in agreement and his shoulders began to relax. Suddenly it was obvious to him that I wasn't a fraud because he knew this to be true about her.

She asked about her children. They have two, 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son. I saw them and described what I saw and what I was told about who they are. Her daughter kept showing me this outfit. I acknowledged it and waited for more information. She kept showing me the outfit. I said to her, telepathically, "Yes, it's a nice outfit. What more do you have to share?" But, she kept going back to this outfit. So I said, "Clothes and fashion seem to be very important to her." Wife looked at me with shock, so I asked her, "Is this not true?"
She said, "It's absolutely true, I just can't believe that just came out of your mouth." My response? "Well, I guess that's why they call me psychic."

As it turned out, Daughter left her past life unfullfilled. She had wanted to be Shirley Temple, or like Shirley Temple. The outfit she showed me was a pinafore of dark heavy fabric. Maybe calling it a pinafore is misleading. Perhaps it was more like a jumper made of cordoroy. Underneath it was a white blouse with a Peter Pan collar. Her shoes were worn over lace trimmed socks and on the bottoms of the black shiney shoes were large metal taps. They were tap dancing shoes.

Again, I shared the details with Wife and Husband. Again, shock was reflected on both their faces. Daughter, as it turns out, has been begging for tap lessons for months. "Well," I said, "Make it happen." This is important for her to work this out. I looked into Husbands eyes and made it clear the importance of fulfilling this issue. He was no longer a doubter.

The message about the move to Tennessee, the new house, the new life was all very positive. Husband asked a few questions and the focus turned to him. I saw him climbing, or hiking up a very high steep cliff. I asked him if he was a climber and he said no he was afraid of heights but that he'd been thinking about trying to overcome that. Again, the message was, yes, move forward, climb. He said the first thing he will do when arriving in their new town was to find a place to climb. I answered all of his questions about his career, finances, health and personal challenges.

By the time the session was complete, Husband asked me if I would travel to Tennessee if he sent me the tickets and paid for my expenses. He wants to keep up these sessions every few months. From a non-believer to a committed student in 90 minutes. Way to go, Husband! My answer is always, "Yes." I will go where and when someone wants to connect. It's what I enjoy doing more than anything else. It was truly a healing for the two of them, and for their family.

Wife hugged me and looked me in the eyes. "You have no idea how you have changed our lives with your gift." I said thank you, but apparantly not convincing enough. She repeated it several times.

The energy as they left was calm, loving, excited and healed. I look forward to seeing beautiful Tennessee in the fall.