Sunday, September 03, 2006

They kissed me good-bye....

....and pulled out of the driveway. Shanon and Michael have been here for almost two weeks. It's been crazy busy since they got here. I moved my office just before they arrived and there was much to do to finish that job. My nephew's engagement party was this weekend and there was plenty to do before that was to take place, including re-upholstering a couple of chairs and stringing little white lights all over the garden, patio and decks. We had two barbecues with two different sets of family and a birthday party for cousin,Tyler. They took a trip to Sea World where Michael was able to pet a bat ray and a dolphin, and we read half a dozen books, half a dozen times. I've seen Madagascar eight times and Lady and the Tramp at least five times. I slept halfway off the bed with little feet in my back and carried more bags of groceries, toys and baby sister clothes than I've had to do in many moons. >Deep sigh< I miss them already.

I don't know what was the most fun. Shopping at Nordstrom for baby sister things was up there in the top five things we did. There's something about baby girl clothes that's way better than baby boy's. She'll have headbands with roses, ribbons and bows, booties with ruffles, hearts, and kitties. Her pajamas are pink and soft and I can't wait!

We went to Toys R Us and I bought Michael a dinosaur with eyes that light up. He roars and moves his big mouth and teeth. (Big hit) We bought books about being a big brother and we're trying to get him to stop calling her Putus the Buckethead. We don't know where that came from.

I think I need a nap.

No comments: