Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Soul Remembers

Dave, a CEO of a software company, a big man with blue eyes and grey hair, nervously asked me if I believed in past life regression and was it something I could do. Apparently he had seen a morning television show that featured a story about regression for the purpose of healing old wounds that are carried into the current life. He saw people who suffered from insomnia and phobias and certain anxiety issues that were unable to be cured or helped by conventional therapy and they had shared, on national television, their remarkable cures. He has suffered with a fear of closed in spaces and was finding it more and more difficult to get into an elevator or fly on a plane. When it became particularly difficult he would take the stairs or cancel a flight and drive. His condition was beginning to affect his ability to do his job effectively and efficiently. The anxiety was spilling over into other areas as well.

I've been trained in past life regression and I've seen many of my own previous lifetimes. I assured him there was nothing to it. He seemed relieved if not a bit doubtful. He has had this condition his whole life, sometimes worse than others. At that particular time it was as bad as it had ever been.

He relaxed through a deep breathing exercise I guided him through and as he was relaxing I explained the process to him. He relaxed more and more until he was limp on the table. I said, "Ask to see the origin point of this condition and tell me the first thing you see." This is how it went.

"It's dark and smelly. There are too many people in here. We're stuffed down in.... Someone is sick. Many people have been sick. We're in a boat, down below. I can't breathe. It stinks really badly." His breathing got shallow and he seemed to struggle with this memory.

"We're on a ship, an old ship. Someone up above opened the hatch and I can see the sky. I'm trying to climb up the ladder by he's kicking me down. He threw something inside and everyone is grabbing for it but all I want is to get out, I want to breath fresh air."

I asked, "Look at your self and tell me how old you are? Who are you?"

"I'm a boy, maybe 14. I'm traveling... I'm alone. My family isn't here. I can't breath. This is a slave ship. Oh my God."

"What year is it?"

After a long pause... "16....16oo's."

The session lasted less than an hour. His next appointment he shared with me that his fear had greatly reduced. He's been taking elevators and was scheduled to fly to Chicago the following day. From that point on, he wanted to know much more about my future vision than his past lives, asking questions about a new job in San Francisco and how much the stock would be in October.

Over the next years that he came to me he never mentioned a problem with closed spaces again. It really is that simple. If you suspect your issues are tugging at you from a past life....go see a hypnotherapist or spiritual consultant with experience in past life regression. It's quite fascinating.