Saturday, October 18, 2008

From "Animal-Speak"

Many ancient myths and stories speak of a magical time and place in which there were no boundaries between humans and animals. Animals and humans spoke. Wild and tame had no meaning. And always the divine revealed itself in Nature.

The natural world and the animals within it speak to us everyday: by their appearances, behaviors, movements, and characteristic patterns. When we know what to look for, we can use them as omens--not in a superstitious sense, but in the development of true prophecy and higher perception.


This morning, with my morning coffee and cereal bowl, I sat outside in the cool dampness of the sunrise. I placed the Blue jays peanuts on the table and waited while I looked into the sun and meditated for peace and prosperity to embrace all who are ready to receive. I also put my attention on health and energy for me to pursue my new goals.

Two tiny hummingbirds, chirping loudly, swiftly came into view. They hovered right between me and the sunrise as if knowing their dark forms against the bright light would get my focused attention. They stayed there for quite some time. As you know, hummingbirds are here one minute and gone the next. Not so this morning.

Here is what it says about the message of Hummingbird spirit in "Animal-Speak".


"We have all heard how good it is to whistle while we work, but humming is much more
effective. It creates an internal massage, restoring health and balance. This the hummingbird reminds us to do. It reminds us to find joy in what we do and to sing it out."
"It has the ability to move its wings in a figure 8 pattern--a symbol for infinity and links to the past and future and the laws of cause and effect."

"Hummingbird can reach high speed at take off. It can also stop immediately in flight from a high speed. it is such a skillful flyer and is not afraid of any predator. Hummingbirds have been known to chase off eagles."

"The hummingbird is the most skillful flyer of all birds. It can hover in
the air. It can fly backward, forward and sideways. In fact, it
cannot walk; it flies everywhere. It reminds us that if we truly
enjoy what we are doing, we become light as a feather, and life is
rich with nectar."

Today, I will hum through my chores creating health and balance in my
body. I will activate JOY and sing it out. I am light as a feather in
spirit and my life is rich with prosperity! I know this is so, and so
it is.

Thank you. I love you.
Elizabeth