Friday, August 15, 2008

A Beautiful Storm

A short but powerful thunderstorm blew through Los Angeles last night. It was spectacular. The wonderful steamy fragrance of summer rain is one of my favorite experiences. Combine that with the lightening show and ground shaking thunder and there's no need for anything else but perhaps a glass of iced tea.

August is my least favorite month of the year for a number of reasons so I had to find some August experiences to be grateful for today. I am grateful for the summer storm last night. I am grateful for my beautiful garden that is drinking up all the sunlight. I am grateful for summer dresses and cute sandals and painted toes. I am grateful that the football season has started with preseason games. I'm grateful for watermelon, cherries and nectarines. Life is good.