Friday, February 16, 2007

Be My Valentine

It’s Valentine’s Day and for Hallmark, florists, See’s Candies, and restaurants everywhere, it’s goldmine day!

I remember one year when I was with Zorro, my lover of seven years, and he
went all out. He booked a suite at the San Diego Hilton and hired a horse drawn carriage to take us down to the harbor where a chartered yacht was waiting. Roses, champagne, music, dancing and a special gift in a small black velvet jewelry box were all part of the lover’s celebration. He poured it on. The whole night was right out of a romance novel.

I almost married that man but I wasn’t red hot, mad, crazy in love with him. Some women say it’s better to be with a man who loves you more than you love him. I don’t agree. I’d much rather be with someone who I love deeply and passionately, because that’s the good stuff right there. You may risk a broken heart in the end, but my o my, the ride is well worth it.