Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday Morning in Denver

I'm sitting in Barb and Dave's living room with their dog TBone. She's a beautiful collie/lab mix and sweet as can be. Their three little girls, Andra, Jesse and Leah are at school, Barb is at a job interview and Dave is working. The only sound in this house is the hum of the refrigerator and the drip in the kitchen sink. This house sits at the end of a cul-de-sac and the back yard is the size of a small park. On Mother's Day Barb got the gardening bug. She's never been much of a farmer girl but she has staked out a parcel of ground for tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, peppers and strawberries. They're coming along just fine.

I like it here. I like that there is so much space between homes and as many or more trees than cars and buildings. The air smells clean and piney. My air at home smells like ocean on most days but lately it just smells wet.

I'm liking Colorado very much. I got here Monday morning and was doing readings by 11:00. This is a combination trip, a little vacation time and a little work time.

I'm studying NLP and Time Line Therapy in my free hours...or I'm supposed to be. The view out this living room window keeps pulling me away but I'll knuckle down here any minute.

No comments: