Friday, September 05, 2008

The Mud Slingers of Political Conventions

Blah, blah, blah.....I am so sick of hearing them lie, lie and lie some more.

Barack Obama said that John McCain claims $5,000,000 personal income to be the level we should measure the average American family before taxing them. McCain was obviously kidding when he made that statement and even said so right after he said it. But Obama used it anyway as McCain predicted he would.

McCain lied when he said Obama's plan will raise taxes on all Americans. Obama's plan does no such thing.

Palin lied when she said Obama has never passed any legislation and falsely claimed (again) to have opposed the Bridge To Nowhere .

Biden lied when he said Obama has been right about everything while McCain has been wrong.

I'm so sick of the lies and mud slinging.

Bill Clinton lied when he said he never had sex with that woman. What woman hasn't he had sex with...I mean besides me?

Hillary Clinton lied when she claimed she was under sniper fire in Bosnia and that she didn't know about the FALN pardons.

How do you know a polititian is lying? Their lips are moving.

And don't even get me started on Keith Olberman and Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and Chris Mathews. Blah, Blah and more blah!

It's not about the issues, as McCain's manager said, it's about personalities. What? Excuse me? It's not about the economy, the environment, foreign policies, national security, illegal immigration, failing education, health care and social security? No? Reeeeaally?

So, its about Palin's prego unmarried daughter, Obama's church, McCain's "maverick" label,(anger management problem if you ask me.) and on and on. I don't care! I want someone who will address the ISSUES clearly, precisely with vision and real solutions without the anger, lies, finger pointing, blame, deceit, bribes, and MUD SLINGING!

I guess it's true. I'm an idealist. I somehow thought we Americans were better than this. Yet, still, after these two ridiculous conventions and the two years of positioning leading up to them, I still love my country, even though I am often embarrassed about our behavior.