Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Integrating Mind, Body and Soul

A book, Body, Self, & Soul Sustaining Integration, sits on my bookshelf and is tattered and torn. I've read it and re-read it. Here, I will quote it.

One doesn't need gurus or temples or pilgrimages because the experience of God or Tao or Self is immediate. From the transpersonal perspective, there is only Self. There is no Other. All separations are artificial. "You are what you seek." as in the Hindu phrase. As one begins to understand this and direct his seeking inward, a tremendous amount of creative energy is released. This powerful expression of inner awareness and energy can cause energy in their lives. The journal becomes an even more important tool for reporting, studying, and capturing this energy. To allow a person to become more familiar with the exploding inner experience of Self, we introduce him to the practice of meditation.

One can never race toward oneself, only away
For the dazzling essence of Self is stillness
And to experience this stillness one must stay and listen.
Rev. Daniel Panger
"Thoughts and Benedictions"



Be still and listen. I love that. That will be my mantra today. So often I hear my voice inside my head go on and on about silliness. I've spent an entire afternoon worrying, needlessly, when I could have said, "Be still and listen." Always, there is the Divine guidance. Always there is Divine Direction.

I am taking a deep breath, or two or three....and remembering that I am Source. I am still.


Here's a newsflash...Radiant health begins with good nutrition and exercise....
Yep, you heard it here, folks. I know, I'm a genius. Where would you have ever heard such honesty? I mean besides every diet book and health program ever created.

Vitamin supplements, essential oils and fatty acids, minerals and herbs go a very long way to keep us on the right track to health. To me, taking supplements is like health insurance. I studied a bit about nutrition many years ago. Not much has changed in that arena since 1979. Sugar can make you depressed. Sodas are poison. Nitrates can cause cancer. And here's a good rule to follow: If you can't pronounce it, don't eat it.

Yoga is my next big adventure. I'm starting this week. Are you reading this, Margie? If I can walk my dog everyday and do yoga and pilates, I'll need little else. I'm cancelling my membership to Curves.