Monday, July 02, 2007

July 2007

I spent the weekend at Steven's house in Idyllwild. He had his annual soiree Saturday night and per his usual outstanding ability to plan and execute a perfect evening with great food, a fully stocked bar, and my favorite two entertainers he succeeded to make it look effortless. He is a very gracious host, my friend.

The same two guys who played excellent blues last year, were there again this year. Both of them have wonderfully sexy voices. Every song I've ever loved was on their list. And to top off the night we all got to watch the moon peek over the mountain ridge in it's full glow. The stars were brilliant and the air was warm and clear. Man-o -man. I sure do love that place. Every time I visit Steven or go to Idyllwild to work, I leave there dreaming of buying a cabin on the mountain, just below Lilly Rock. The Idyllwild valley has such a beautiful vibration.

Phoenix is on the agenda for tomorrow. I'll be there working, playing, and babysitting for a week. Shanon and Danny are going to Vegas for a friend's wedding and extending their stay to four days. I keep telling myself that I can handle a four-year old and an infant without help. I'm tough. I'm strong. I'm a TFM. But, to tell the truth, and I must, I'm having my reservations.

Anyway, have a wonderful Fourth of July Celebration everybody.

Happy Birthday America!

P.S. Now that I have clients in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Tennessee, California, Nevada and Illinois, does that make me an interstate? Speed limit 55.