Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I flew to Phoenix last Tuesday and spent a couple of days with my daughter and her family. The baby wasn't doing well. She was way behind on all of her developmental signs. She wasn't making eye contact, she wasn't smiling, she wasn't tracking movement or playing with her hands and feet. Her fists were always clenched tightly and she always seemed to be in distress. I was very concerned about her. I went there so Shanon wouldn't have to drive all the way to Redondo Beach for Easter Vacation without help with the baby and Michael. He's three and a half and easier to entertain but not when Marlie is screaming. She has a remarkable set of lungs. After a few minutes of her crying, Michael is ready to send her back where she came from. We had to stop a couple of times to settle her down but managed to make it home in 7 hours.

We found a therapist who works with babies and children who have suffered traumas. Marlie's first few weeks here on planet Earth were awful. It started out okay but if you are a regular reader, you know she was flown to another hospital for heart surgery on day three. She had a subsequent infection that was very hard on her and the poor little thing has been through too much pain.

We found our way to a wonderful healer named Ray Castellino www.castellinotraining.com
He lives in Santa Barbara so Shanon, Marlie and I made the drive last Friday. In one session he managed to shift Marlie's energy and attention. It was truly a miracle. She is now more relaxed, makes eye contact, smiles and tracks movement....one session did that. He is an amazing man. I'm going to take that training next. What he has done for Marlie and the whole family is worth more than I can say.

I have to go....I have a little boy at my elbow asking for attention.... I guess it's time for some beach play. The Easter Bunny brought him shovels, boats, rakes, a bucket and molds to build a sand castle. The sky is blue, the sun is out and the beach is calling.....later.