Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ghost busting

Many times over the years I've been called to homes and businesses to get rid of spirits who were causing mischief or worse. One such case was with a particularly powerful 'being'. He was actually able to move things, which is more rare than Hollywood would like you to believe. Things in this house flew off counters and cabinet doors would open when there wasn't so much as a breeze nearby. After a few months of these demonstrations the client woke up to find an entity hovering over her face. Needless to say, that was the morning she called me.

Ghost busting isn't my specialty and there have been times when my work in that department wasn't as effective as I would have liked. In this case it worked just fine for the remaining time my client lived there. She moved several months later.

Today I drove to Thousand Oaks for some ghost busting. A woman has been seeing spirits in her home for two months. At first it was a male. She refused to look at him or acknowledge him in any way. He stayed a few days and brought young children with him. At one point her house was busy with children spirits. She didn't want to tell anybody for fear they would think she was crazy. She finally called her daughter to ask for help. Her daughter, in turn, called me.

It snowed in Malibu this morning which is over the hill from Thousand Oaks. Seriously. It snowed in Malibu. They had to call out snow plows. Because it was so freakin' cold I wanted to get the job done quickly. The little condo couldn't have been more than 5oo sq. ft. of space. It's really tiny and the heater was broken. I got in, made an assessment, had a deep conversation with the visitors, moved a wall hanging that was over her bed, that shouldn't have been, dismissed them all and sealed the location, leaving a few higher beings in charge of keeping the space clear. I was in and out in less than an hour. High speed ghost busting!

The resident has been staying at her daughter's house for the past few days and was there waiting for my report. She was relieved to learn that she's not insane and we discussed how she unconsciously invited them in. It appears that all is well but we'll wait and see what transpires, if anything.

The hour long drive home turned out to be an adventure. It hailed on the 101 Fwy which makes driving for Californians almost impossible. 20 miles an hour makes for a very long drive home. Oddly, my neighborhood was dry when I got here.