Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Double Feature

Last night I finished my chores, the last of which was a trip to my least favorite store on the planet, Fry's Electronics. I swear that store is a sucking vortex of evil. The employees are the worst! And ironically, the computer system, for checking out, is so slow that I had to stand there for a good ten minutes waiting for the cash drawer to open so the cashier could give me my change. In the middle of the electronic mecca for nerds and their system runs like a 1970 Pinto. You'd think they'd want to upgrade wouldn't ya?
I saved that errand for the very last because it is on the corner of Sepulveda Blvd and Rosecrans Avenue, a stone's throw from my favorite restaurant and theater complex. After taking a few deep breaths and only cursing five times, which is much better than it could have been....(I said outloud to the guy checking reciepts at the door, "I hate this store. I really hate it, hate it, hate it." Don't tell my mother I used the "H" word or she'll go looking for a bar of soap.
I drove down the street and bought a ticket to see, "Dreamgirls". There was plenty of time to walk across courtyard to P.F. Chang's for a couple of beers and some lettuce wraps. I watched the first few touchdowns on the overhead television then went back to see the movie. It was great. I remember those days. I remember the styles, the music, the political events and social change, riots and demonstrations...and the music, the wonderful music.

Oooops gotta go...I have a client here.....had to stay at the theater for a second feature, "Freedom Writers"