Saturday, December 30, 2006

Oh Dear...

Marlie Elizabeth has an infection in her incision. Danny, her father, Veronica, her grandmother, Carlos, her grandfather, Michael, her brother, and I, all have colds. She can't come home from the hospital until her infection is cleared up and we are all well. Ain't that a bitch? The whole family is on antibiotics. I don't think they're working.

Marlie's surgeon thought he may have to open her up again to clean out the infection but this morning it looked a little better so we're back to the 'wait and see' game. At least she's out of the intensive care unit.

Feels a bit strange being in my daughter's home all alone. It's such a big house. Well, I'm not all alone. I have Maggie with me. I let her out onto the front courtyard when a door to door salesman came by. It freaked him out a bit. She can look quite intimidating, which in some cases is a good thing.

Gerald Ford is dead. James Brown is dead. Saddam Hussien is dead. Darcy's step-father is dead, My nephew, Alex, was in a car accident yesterday and totaled his car. A huge chunk of ice, the size of Manhattan, broke off from northern Canada in the middle of winter. Dare I ask? What's next?