Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mischievous Marlie




This baby girl has learned to climb onto coffee tables and she crawls everywhere. Her favorite thing? You guessed it. If the house is quiet you know she's found a roll of toilet paper. There hasn't been a toy invented that holds her eager attention like a fresh roll.

Marlie, we believe, is a psychic child. When she was tiny she often left her body and flitted around the house and down the street to her other grandparents home. In fact, for the first three months she was rarely in her own body completely. I know it isn't easy for regular people to understand how a spirit can come and go and yet the body continues to function as usual. But, I do. I not only understand it, I left my body when I was four years old and it was fine when I returned. I didn't do it again (that I was consciously aware of) until I was in my twenties. I wonder how much of Marlie's abilities will stay with her as she grows.