Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Update on Jan

I was in Phoenix last week and drove over to the beautiful care facility Jan is in. She was in a terrible car accident a year ago and has suffered severe brain damage. She is in a semi vegetative state. I was asked to work with her two months ago and her improvement is substantial. Her body is beginning to relax with the work being done at her new home. She communicates with her eyes and facial expressions. I, however, communicate telepathically with her. She was adamant when she said, "Leave me alone!" She was in the middle of physical therapy which is often painful for her. Her muscles are constricted still so stretching requires her full attention. I worked with Jan and her therapist using guided visualization to relax her muscles and it worked very well. She's obviously hearing me and responding. I had hoped to see more improvement in her ability to speak but all she said was, "Ouch". I will continue Reiki with her and hope to see her at Christmas.