Monday, May 25, 2009

Quan Yin


During a reading a few years ago, a beautiful spirit appeared, a female energy of Light and Love and so much compassion that when she was present I almost wanted to cry. She held a lotus flower in her hands. At the time I didn't understand her name so I called her Lotus Lady. I now know her to be Quan Yin. She is one of the most universally beloved of deities in the Buddhist tradition. The fact that I am not a religious person may have been why I did not recognize her. It is said that she is the embodiment of compassionate loving kindness, healing and mercy. Quan Yin enjoys a strong resonance with the Christian Mary, the Mother of Jesus, and the Tibetan goddess Tara. Quan Yin, as a true Enlightened One, or Bodhisattva, vowed to remain in the earthly realms and not enter the heavenly worlds until all other living things have completed their own enlightenment.

She is with me during all of my readings now.