Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010

Wow! What an amazing year 2009 was. I must admit to celebrating its ending. It was a challenging year in many ways and I need not go into it because that was then, and this is now.

My family and I greeted the New Year in San Diego, California with a visit to Sea World and my wonderful daughter inspired me to do something I've never done before. Not ever in my life have I imagined I would do it. I rode a roller coaster. I know it sounds silly but I've been afraid of them since I was a little girl. My sister told me a terrible story about the roller coaster in Santa Monica at Pacific Ocean Park. We called it Pee-Oh-Pee and the roller coaster was called the Sea Serpent. The story was that one of the cars flew off of the tracks and landed in the ocean killing the occupants. That was all I needed to hear to forgo any roller coaster, ever. Well, I'm happy to say I overcame my fear and had an exhilarating ride under a full moon, and a blue moon to boot.

Traditionally I spend December 31st reviewing the previous year, forgiving what needs forgiving and setting new intentions for the coming year. Well, 2010 started out with a bang, not unlike the gun shot you hear at the beginning of a race. I have been as busy as I have ever been with work, family, remodeling, organizing and launching my new class. I've been editing the new workbook and recording my guided meditations and I'm preparing for a new care-giver for my 90 year-old mother. She needs nearly full-time attention these days and I can no longer provide her the care she needs and still do my work. So, I've remodeled the master suite to accommodate her needs and make room for help. It's all coming together so I can be free to travel about the country presenting workshops and group readings and programs for companies to align their message with their higher purpose.